Sunday 20 May 2012

Fisher SeaFury Part IV

Pictured is a Fischer Sea Fury with their after market wing fold upgrade. This is well engineered, well detailed and is very strong. The only problem I encountered was trying to fit the small photo etch access doors to the upper inner wing and on my next attempt will attach them before attaching the outer wing panels. With the wings folded, the landing light on the left and the ID lights on the right are prominent. The recesses are fairly shallow on the kit so I drilled them out and added MV lenses. As the lens cover on the ID lights overlapped the lenses, I covered the opening with clear plastic, blended this into the wing contour, and used a precut wheel mask smaller than the clear part and underlying lights to create the overlap effect. The result was an improvement on the stock opening but not completely convincing. The reference, Hawker Sea Fury in the Royal Canadian Navy, by Leo Petipas, again came to the rescue with several good shots of the underwings. These show the inner surface of the light housing to be chromed and not the undersurface colour. References and decals such as those from Aeromaster show 3 ID lights in a cluster. I used 2 lights and this was confirmed to be correct by a reference photo. On my next attempt, I will chrome foil the lens housing and I will further deepen and the light recesses to give a more realistic effect. Hical, Allan.

No comments:

Post a Comment