Friday 25 May 2012

HighCalibre Warriors

The impetus behind this project arose after our Graphic designers put together our logo.
I was inspired by the clean, vivid look of the logo and its colours and with this in mind picked out a pair of kits from Games Workshop. These were the Grey Knights box and a Venerable dreadnought. I choose these two kits for a few reasons; they were both relatively young releases and as such would have flash free molds which turned out to be true and second I could picture the grey knights forming up an honor guard fireteam to defend the combat walker.
The colour scheme for this project was dictated by the logo. To this end I omitted the gold from the Grey knight livery and replaced it with a bare metal look. Interestingly enough, this provided me with the opportunity to make use of the new Citadel colour Necron Compound which is a “Dry” type of paint.
I had a lot of success with this drybrushing aid. I also took this opportunity to try out Citadel Middenland grass and the new “texture” paint on the bases of the grunts. I was particularly pleased by the texture paint as it is basically sticky muck. For the best results I found applying a black wash and a light highlight once the texture had dried worked well.
Hical James

No comments:

Post a Comment