Thursday 23 August 2012

Fenrisian Raiders Part I

I'd like to start this series by saying that I am not a diehard Tabletop gamer but halfway through my build of GW's Spacewolves Wolfpack kit I decided that I needed to do a series on how to assemble and paint a cohesive and characterful force. I wanted the force to be based around a core of shooters to form up a line and stand and deliver until all of the bits down range stopped twitching. With that in mind, I bought a Wolf Pack to be completely utilized as a Grey Hunters squad. For those not up and current on the Space Wolves roster the Grey Hunters are the battle hardened troop choice and make extensive use of Bolter battle rifles. The basic kit comes with enough parts to make far more than ten miniatures if you happen to have extra legs, torsos and backpacks from other space marine kits in your bits box!
Shown above are the basic parts involved in creating a single Grey Hunter. Note that I have added extra purity seals and a boltpistol. For this ten man unit I will be adding plenty of spare kit and ammunition to the figures as a unifying factor. Other unifying factors for could be using only helmeted or bare heads, painting pauldrons the same distinctive colour to make that unit stand out or using numerical or iconic transfers. Please stay tunned for more modelling articles to come! Hical, James

No comments:

Post a Comment