Tuesday 21 August 2012

ODA Build Part II

When we left off a few weeks ago, the ODA had a single member and the weapons were primed. Two additional Operators have been procured from Legend Productions and are shown here as sub assemblies in a first draft of the vignette.
My source for in-field Multicam can be seen below. Note that I cannot take credit for this image as it had been posted on Facebook.
The points to notice when looking at this fantastic combat photo is the grime on the fatigues; the Multicam is hidden under a layer of Afghan dust. This is a detail that, with the aid of some pigments can really bring the vignette to life. When undercoating the miniatures I considered the composition of Multicam: the base colour-which I took to be a burnt umber/NATO brown. The medium islands, wich were a light olive green, a pale tan and a medium green (a touch above US gunship green). These islands are not traditionally formed or shall we say "volcanic." By this I mean that they seem to be bled together forming a jiggsaw puzzle like pattern. The upper layer is made up of "snakes" or "worms" of black and white. I suggest applying the camo in the order I introduced the colours as this will allow you to form the pattern with greater accuracy and ease. More to come on this build and others! Hical, James

No comments:

Post a Comment